In addition to Patient Advocacy, services and products offered by Health Systems Management include the following:|
Services for Providers
- Access to National Centers of Excellence for tertiary conditions, such as to nationally recognized cardiac centers and comprehensive cancer centers. We also offer a Transplant Network comprising premier transplant centers for heart, lung, liver, kidney, pancreas, intestine, bone marrow/stem cell, cord blood, and multi organ transplants.
- Help in identifying locally or regionally-based physicians and centers (if and when possible) that have the special expertise and resources to diagnose, treat, and manage serious chronic and acute catastrophic medical conditions.
- Assistance in identifying resources that have the special expertise and resources to diagnose, treat, and appropriately manage rare disorders.
- Structured information systems and pathways for identifying and successfully managing individuals at high risk for developing high cost chronic conditions and also high cost catastrophic conditions.
- Indicators and methods for evaluating whether high risk or high cost patients are receiving appropriate quality care and necessary management.
- Independent information that can be helpful in making coverage decisions that involve new technologies or innovative uses of accepted technologies.
Health Systems Management also provides individualized support for providers, including primary care physicians, specialists, rehabilitation staff, case managers, and other professionals that need information to help and support their patient.